Description of Position
Indica Yoga is an emerging platform both in online and physical mode offering yoga experiences in the form of courses, workshops and retreats that are authentic, immersive and transformative. We are seeking an Admin Assistant to assist with day-to-day office administration, event coordination, online operation, social media and student/customer engagement.
We are seeking a dedicated and preferably a long-term employee who has interest in Yoga – its philosophy, tradition and practice. The candidate must posses good English written and oral communication skills, efficient in managing email correspondence and who has exposure to social media and website management skills.
The Admin Assistant is likely to be the first person that our prospective student, participant would come in contact with mostly via email and social media. She/he must possess a professional and courteous disposition to conduct the work of office and student/customer engagement in a smooth manner.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Location: At Indica Yoga Office, No. 303, III Main, WCR, Mahalaxmipuram, Bangalore - 560086
Salary: Commensurate with the industry standards depending on qualification and experience. Access to all IY content and programmes
Begin Date: As soon as possible.
- Maintaining documentation of all events, programmes, accounts and correspondences etc.
- Managing email; responding to email queries (depending on priority level) within a timely fashion (typically within 6-12 hours or less)
- Updating the website with newer content on a day-to-day basis
- Fielding queries regarding online courses, content, programming, pricing, study programs, subscriptions, etc.
- Assisting students with all account related issues such as password reset or retrieval, course/ product access, merging accounts, non-compliant web-browsers, etc.
- Issuing course certificates to students upon completion of the course/event
- Providing invoices upon request
- Uploading video lectures, audio recordings, PDFs, and other documents, links etc
- Managing course sites and other administrative tasks
- Coordinating and following up via email with guest faculty and scholars
Ideally the Office Admin must have the following qualifications
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Yoga —is interested in the academic study of yoga its philosophy, tradition, Indian Philosophy and Sanskrit
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Composes professional and elegant emails
- Motivated in serving and helping others
- Strong organizational skills and meets deadlines
- Attention to detail and problem-solving
- Skilled to do content research and compilation from online sources
- Ability to multitask
- Desire to learn and grow
- University degree preferred, but not mandatory
- The Admin Assistant must have functional competence in Windows, MS Office and Social Media (fb, twitter etc.)
- Familiarity with the work of Indic Academy and Indica Yoga
- Academic background in Yoga Studies, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Indian culture and tradition
- Some training in Sanskrit; familiarity IAST diacritics and ability to type them
- Experience as a yoga teacher, teacher trainer, or has worked previously in the yoga industry
- Experience with Zoom and other similar online platforms and LMS software
- Video/audio editing skills, and graphic design
Selection will be based on evaluation of CVs followed by an interview
If you interested please submit your application here: Apply for Admin Assistant Post
In case you have any further queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org